Monday is President's Day, celebrating the birthdays of The Father of Our Country, George Washington, and The Great Emancipator, Abraham Lincoln.
Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson and John Adams need to be remembered too...
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson
“If men through fear, fraud or mistake, should in terms renounce and give up any essential natural right, the eternal law of reason and the great end of society, would absolutely vacate such renunciation; the right to freedom being the gift of God Almighty, it is not in the power of Man to alienate this gift, and voluntarily become a slave.” - John Adams, Rights of the Colonists, 1772
History affords us many instances of the ruin of states, by the prosecution of measures ill suited to the temper and genius of their people. The ordaining of laws in favor of one part of the nation, to the prejudice and oppression of another, is certainly the most erroneous and mistaken policy. An equal dispensation of protection, rights, privileges, and advantages, is what every part is entitled to, and ought to enjoy... These measures never fail to create great and violent jealousies and animosities between the people favored and the people oppressed; whence a total separation of affections, interests, political obligations, and all manner of connections, by which the whole state is weakened.” - Benjamin Franklin
- Nothing About Us Without Us History
- Is Involuntary Commitment Unconstitutional?
- Med-free Recovery Personal Stories
- Why Aren't More New Drugs Being Approved?
- Paul Thacker speaks on medical corruption at Harvard
- 20 Instructions for Life by The Dalai Lama
- First Person Stories on Forced Interventions
- Dorothea Buck 70 Years of Coercion in German Psychiatric Institutions
- Taking Charge of Your Mind and Making Your Life Go Well
- What Is Mental Health Advocacy?
- Research and Information Links
- Academic Stalking and Brand Fascism
- Veteran's Blogs and Resources
- Harm Reduction Guide to Coming Off Psychiatric Drugs
- Neuroleptic Drugs and Violence
- Cruel Compassion: Psychiatric Control of Society's Unwanted
- Dan Markingson
- About Me
Psychiatric Drug Facts via breggin.com :
“Most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems… Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.” Dr. Peter Breggin
FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted
(C) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.