photo from Deepak Thaman
Thank you GiannaKali at BeyondMeds for collecting! Thank you to all the people who generously shared their experiences of hope and recovery...
Recovery Stories listed below:
New stories are now added at the top of list so if you visit again they’ll be easy to find
- It feels so great to be off psych meds: a recovery story by Corinna West
- Psychosis, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Story as a Vehicle of Healing
- Pray, cry, scream, kick, write, whatever it takes, do not be silent, let it out. Benzodiazepine withdrawal recovery story
- Remember my friend Amy who was close to death? She is now thriving
- Jazz in Pieces Medication Madness — Epilogue and update: BIPOLAR off meds success NEW — the epilogue, that is (Jazz is UNDIAGNOSED by the MD)
- The beginning of emergence for Susan, finding faith and hope…she was not permanently broken
- Withdrawal from antidepressant leads to spiral into polydrugging, until Molly realizes that drugs are the problem and emerges victorious
- The Power Behind my Bipolar Part 1 and Part 2
- A recovery from benzos–into severe benzo illness and out
- The following is by a blogger called BipolarLife. He is currently happy and med free.
- Hope, Time and Love; three guardian angels, Alternative Routes to Recovery
- Ted Chabasinski’s story of survival
- Caty’s Story–a recovery story through peer support and the Freedom Center
- Decolonizing our minds: Freeing our spirits — Guest Blogger Leah Harris
- Cindy’s Story of Recovery —A journey of healing through food and Chinese Medicine
- Recovery through mind training —a journey of meditation in Buddhism—By Sally Clay
- Jim Gottstein’s recovery story —The story of a successful human rights attorney
- Another Cindy’s Story of Recovery(Long term benzo addiction which led to other drugs) Journey of nutrition, holistic care and energy work
- Jim S Story of Recovery
- Will Hall’s Story of Recovery
- “undiagnosed’s” Story of Recovery—more stories by the same author here.
- Shelby’s story of recovery
- Mania as Spiritual Emergency
- Sean’s youtube odyssey of recovery from a spiritual emergency
- To hell and back–Thor Nystrom’s story of psych drugs treatment as a teenager
- A moving story of recovery by an anonymous blogger—Medicated while still a teen due to tragic circumstances and liberated as a young adult
- Jayme’s recovery story—This story was written several years ago. Jayme is now the director of aWellness Center in Georgia and works well beyond full-time. She is thriving more than most people would possibly imagine given her history. The moral of the story is history and what the docs tell us do not determine our future.
- A method of recovery discovered by Jayme
- The Wind Never Lies— Steve Morgan’s Recovery Story
- A Catalog of Recovery Stories
MORE RECOVERY STORIES HERE — specific to extreme states such as psychosis, with accompanying books and websites for further reading.