Psychiatric Drug Facts via breggin.com :

“Most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems… Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.” Dr. Peter Breggin

Jun 7, 2012

i am blessed, i am present



pain is individual.  there have been times in my life when i've been knocked down and couldn't get up for a long while.  i have struggled more than once in my life totally lost, gripped by overwhelming fear and pain virtually paralyzed; stark raving mad.  it has never been easy to discern what precipitates my descent to such a dark place.  becoming willing to simply be present is what enables me to heal just enough to transcend the pain which consumes and devastates me; swallows my mind, body and spirit whole.  it is only through being present in a given moment, however painful that moment may be, that i can feed my spirit, and heal. 

i now realize that my depression was actually overwhelming grief and loss and symptoms of ptsd from being repeatedly traumatized.  it is what it is. whatever i am feeling, i gotta be willing to feel it, not avoid or disguise it.  but, i also gotta be willing to let it go; to be ready to feel something else---i gotta be open to possibilities, willing to believe in my ability to transcend my difficulties.  ready to  experience something better. to say out loud the things i am afraid to even think; even though it's impossible not think these things, is critical.  uttering my fears aloud to another person. trying not to think of what i fear, or feel the pain of my grief and loss; is to deny who i am.  these thoughts and feelings are real, and serve a useful purpose.  having my grief remain unspoken, made it grow; it kept me from being open to gifts manifest within myself; my experience. 

i don't think i'll ever get good at it.  i don't believe getting good at it is the point. to keep on keeping on even if, or especially when, i'm struggling with my grief may be the point.  i need to remember life is not a destination, it is a journey; i forget this when i'm struggling.  i need to remember all of it: my joy, my pain, my success, my failure. seeking acceptance for what was, gratitude for what is, i have hope for the future.  
i am blessed, i am present.  
photo credit mylifeyoga.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted
(C) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.