Psychiatric Drug Facts via breggin.com :

“Most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems… Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.” Dr. Peter Breggin

Mar 1, 2011

The Present

Susan, writes, "If You're Going Through Hell, Keep Going" shares, "I've fallen and am struggling to get up." I know the feeling;  but I won't pretend to know exactly what she feels.  Personally, I don't believe such a thing is possible.  Pain is individual---I do so very much relate to the sentiment, expressed however; and wish I could help somehow.  There have been times I've been knocked down and couldn't get up for what seemed an eternity.  I have struggled more than once in my life lost; gripped by fear, depressed and feeling virtually paralyzed---and stark raving Mad... It has never been any one thing that precipitates the descent to such a dark place; nor ever only one thing which enabled me to heal just enough to transcend the pain which consumed my mind, body and spirit.  It is always a combination of things, feeding the spirit always comes first.  (why do I always forget this?!)

for me, i realize a whole lot of my depression was really overwhelming grief and ptsd from repeated trauma.  it is what it is. whatever i am feeling i gotta be willing to feel it, but i also gotta be willing to feel something else---be open to possibility and just be willing to believe, and willing to experience something better. about a week ago i finally said out loud the thing i am afraid to even think about too much, even though it's impossible not too.  and acknowledge aloud i am grieving (again!) having my grief remain unspoken; kept me from being open to the gifts of the present---
i don't think i'll ever get get good at this, but i will be willing to keep on, and
when i'm down and it's a fight to regain my footing, i will remember this:

 

isaac has been cracking jokes every day for more than a week...and he cooked dinner a couple nights ago.   elvis lives, "thank you, thank you very much." amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted
(C) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.