Psychiatric Drug Facts via breggin.com :

“Most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems… Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.” Dr. Peter Breggin

Jul 13, 2011

Courage Only Exists In the Presence of Fear

 via pharmagossip:

"As it turns out, the atypical antipsychotics may not even be the best choice for people with genuine, undisputed psychosis. A growing number of health professionals have come to think these drugs are not really as effective as older less expensive medicines which they have replaced, that they themselves produce side effects that cause other sorts of diseases such as diabetes and plunge the patient deeper into the gloomy world of serious mental disorder. Along with stories of success comes reports of people turned into virtual
zombies.

"Elliott reports in Mother Jones: "After another large analysis in The Lancet found that most atypicals actually performed worse than older drugs, two senior British psychiatrists penned a damning editorial that ran in the same issue. Dr. Peter Tyrer, the editor of the British Journal of Psychiatry, and Dr. Tim Kendall of the Royal College of Psychiatrists wrote: "The spurious invention of the atypicals can now be regarded as invention only, cleverly manipulated by the drug industry for marketing purposes and only now being exposed."

"Bottom line:Stop Big Pharma and the parasitic shrink community from wantonly pushing these pills across the population." James Ridgeway in How Big Pharma got Americans hooked on antipsychotic drugs


The fraud and corruption and the fact that my son is one of the victims of Johnson and Johnson's "off-label" marketing of Risperdal coupled with the above makes me feel more than a little sad...

I took my son to his monthly appointment today, a nice drive, round trip about 160 miles. He is doing fairly well, all things considered... In all reality, that he is alive, is many blessings and miracles, all things considered.

We stopped and visited my brother Mark. I used to tell him before one of our brothers died, that he is the top 10%---out of ten brothers, he is the one I call when I need someone to listen--he is the one who has walked with me through some very painful experiences. This being the case, I can count on him to share his perspective and insight into events that we both have witnessed. He was with me the last time a psychiatrist lied to me about the neuroleptic drugs potential for causing brain damage. The prick then demanded my respect. the dorktor does not know I have been writing this blog, or that early that morning I had posted this. My brother is, after myself and my eldest son, the one who Isaac chose to act on his behalf; should he be unable to do so. I am extremely grateful that when it is necessary to act on my son's behalf, I have two other adults who love and care for Isaac, and who remember how this all started---because it all makes me feel so very small and powerless; and I have to conduct myself as if I am neither. 


 I know now from experience: 
"Courage is not the absence of fear. It is acting in spite of it." Mark Twain

It would be different; if it were in my power to make it so...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted
(C) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.