Psychiatric Drug Facts via breggin.com :

“Most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems… Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.” Dr. Peter Breggin

Sep 30, 2011

Bullying is Institutionalized

sangrea.net

via MedlinePlus A Service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health
Bullying
"Bullying is when a person or group repeatedly tries to harm someone who is weaker or who they think is weaker. Sometimes it involves direct attacks such as hitting, name calling, teasing or taunting. Sometimes it is indirect, such as spreading rumors or trying to make others reject someone."


Often people dismiss bullying among kids as a normal part of growing up. But bullying is harmful. It can lead children and teenagers to feel tense and afraid. It may lead them to avoid school. In severe cases, teens who are bullied may feel they need to take drastic measures or react violently. Others even consider suicide. For some, the effects of bullying last a lifetime."
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Working with Young People Who Bully Others: Tips for Mental Health Professionals

"Bullying is aggressive behavior that is intentional and that involves an imbalance of power or strength." 

"Research indicates that many aggressive youth have high self-esteem and that their aggression can result from a sense of entitlement."

Why is it that the above descriptions particularly, the phrases emphasized so accurately describe the experiences my family has had with the Public Mental Health System?  I have been trying to put my finger on it for the last few weeks.  Exactly what the fuck is it that has me so distressed the last few weeks?   I had my epiphany, last night.  I am tired of being bullied---I am disgusted by professionals who have intentionally abused their authority (as professionals and Public Servants) to determine what would be done to, and what would not be done for my son.    
another excerpt from the Tips for Mental Health Professionals:
"Hold the young person who bullies fully accountable for his or her actions." 
The fact of the matter is: Law Enforcement, specifically the Yakima County prosecutor, has a responsibility, a DUTY to hold  to my son's bullies accountable.  Washington State's Department of Social and Health Services Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery, had a legal DUTY to inform Law Enforcement, in order to launch an investigation and have the Designated Mental Health Professional, Nancy Sherman, and the Psychiatrist, Jeffery Jennings, held accountable for felony crimes they committed.  In Washington State, crimes committed by mental health professionals, victimizing people with a psychiatric diagnosis, or Wards of the State of Washington, are not investigated unless the State of Washington Child or Adult protective services requests that Law Enforcement investigate---an obvious FLAW in child and vulnerable adult protection systems---a flaw that protects the State; not vulnerable children and adults.

These two professionals "spread rumors," even testified that lies they told were events that they knew "first hand" to have occurred.  Nancy Sherman made the story up.  These two Mental Health Professionals submitted lies as testimony and slandered my son in their petitions submitted to the Yakima County Superior Court; in order to, "make others reject" my son.  In doing so, they committed felony crimes; effectively stripping my son of his Individual Rights to Substantive, Procedural Due Process.   These bullies did this in order to Court Order my son as an involuntary psychiatric patient  so that Informed Consent would not be legally required. Jeffery Jennings then had legal authority to drug my son, using the very drugs which have already caused him grave disability; and have left him unable to protect himself.  Jeffery Jennings violated my son's Human Rights, he violated the Hippocratic Oath and the Ethical Guidelines of the Medical Profession by lying in order to get the Court Order to detain extended.  Jeffery Jennings incredibly, told the Court the order to drug my son was needed for the, "maintenance of the ethical integrity of the medical profession."   Obviously, the man does not understand the meaning of the words "ethical" or "integrity."  How can that be a legal justification to drug any patient, to maintain the prescriber's "ethical integrity?!

It is professionals in the medical profession whose conduct maintains (or not) the integrity of the profession.  For the life of me, I still can not wrap my mind around how obtaining a Court Order to drug a person with drugs which have already caused iatrogenic illnesses, and have fatal risks for the patient, can maintain the ethical integrity of the professional who would do this, much less, an entire profession! It is certainly not the DUTY of any patient to maintain a doctor's integrity!  

My son has been "medically treated" without Informed Consent by "Medical Professionals" working for the State of Washington directly, or mental health contracted service providers into a state of disability.  In all reality, my son, was used, abused, bullied and criminally victimized by  medical professionals like Jeffrey Jennings; and has valiantly been trying to recover.   The medical profession in Washington State, in specific, the public Mental Health System, has shown a lack of integrity in the treatment of my son since he was first victimized when he was three years old while in the State's "care."   

I am his mother, I am sick of my son being mistreated by those in positions of authority; even felony crimes committed by "professionals," have never been investigated, when reported.  A system which continues to break it's own rules, and does not hold individuals working for it accountable, is systematically, institutionalizing the very behaviors which are recognized "bullying" behaviors.  Any group or bureaucratic system which fails to hold bullies who work for it, and it's contractors ACCOUNTABLE, particularly when the Law outlines and defines the State's DUTY to do so; has effectively institutionalized bullying.   

Tomorrow is the beginning of Disability History Awareness Month here in Washington State and National Bullying Awareness Month in this Country---I am so aware that my son is now disabled due to being bullied by the very people we had to go to for help.  I am also very aware that my speaking out has changed absolutely nothing.  

I  no longer believe my speaking out is going to help either my son or myself to recover---even though at times, doing so is cathartic.  Sometimes, when I am once again grieving losses all of these events have brought to bear, I don't believe it is possible for me to recover at all.   The neuroleptic drugs my son has been on for fifteen of his twenty-three years are taking a horrific toll.  Any one who knows anything about these drugs, knows the drugs do not cause a person to return to a state of normalcy; or bring about a return to good health and function.  None of this is my son's fault, and all I really have to offer my son is my love.  He knows he is loved, no matter what; that has to be enough.   Why do I feel that is not enough?  Why do I feel that I failed him?

In some ways, my speaking out has made me feel much worse----I have little to no confidence in my fellow man most of the time.  If not for my faith, and the love I have for my children, I'd have nothing of value; other than my own life.   So I am blessed; it is enough.  

music has been one of the few things that help

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted
(C) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.