Psychiatric Drug Facts via breggin.com :

“Most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems… Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.” Dr. Peter Breggin

May 14, 2013

learning to accept what is can hurt like hell


I have never transcended any difficulty, or resolved any crisis "all by myself."  Life is large in ways that is very difficult to accept at times. There are things that I have come to believe are my responsibility to rectify; in as much as I am able. I cannot do it alone, and I cannot fail to do everything in my power.  There are ugly truths that I have been choking on. I've been choking back tears of frustration and outrage; choking back words I long to say, scream, shout.  Every instinct, awareness and belief I hold dear tells me that what I am faced with is unacceptable. How I feel about virtually every aspect of reality has been forever altered over the last three years. I believe it's better to know the truth. Nonetheless, reality can have a real bite, that can fucking hurt like hell.  What I believe, what I know that is right, good and real is unchanged; but my every day reality taking care of my disabled son, is evidence that what I once believed about people in general, what I once believed about justice; what I once believed about the law, and what I once believed about my country itself, had little, if any resemblance to reality as I experience it today. Truth, Justice, 'The American Way' was just marketing; a catchy slogan for Saturday morning cartoons. Propaganda fed like pablum to the masses; not reality as I know it...

Honor, integrity and living by ethical principles are not necessities for some---not having these qualities appears to be no impediment to achieving financial, social, political and/or professional success.  I know down in my marrow that living by these principles matters; that's enough. There are people who seem to have no difficulty achieving success without them. It is not admirable. I don't envy or pity them. I only wish they had no power to harm my precious son--Still, I wish this; even though wishing for anything was left behind with my shattered illusions. I know that truth, integrity, honor and justice should be guiding principles in the social service and the Justice systems in the United States of America; I'm devastated to know that these principles are not even paid lip-service...

One more time, and it likely will not be the last, I tell myself to:

I miss my Dad so very much when I feel like this...

first posted 10-20-2011 updated 5-14-2013

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted
(C) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.