Psychiatric Drug Facts via breggin.com :

“Most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems… Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.” Dr. Peter Breggin

Oct 5, 2010

We've Got To Do Something!

I spoke with a friend that I had not talked to for months this evening and when she heard about Isaac's being court ordered and the circumstances--she said well we've got to do something!   I am grateful for those who I have in my life who immediately understand how wrongly and outrageously my son was treated.  Sadly, while I am not "used to it," this is not the first time that mental health professionals have been less than honorable or worse, committed crimes against my son.  So while the feelings of outrage and utter sadness are my companions, the need to protect my son is preeminent.

I have and will continue to take steps to do what is in my power to address the violations of the law.  I will continue to attend to my physical and spiritual needs.  I will at times, bite my fucking tongue when I feel the need to let loose the mama bear to "deal with" those who would dare prey on my son's vulnerable nature.  And I will continue to cherish the fact that he is in my home and in my life and remember that in itself is the sweetest gift.

And I will try not to cry too much because the grief that comes in waves might just sweep me away...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted
(C) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.