Psychiatric Drug Facts via breggin.com :

“Most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems… Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.” Dr. Peter Breggin

Jul 6, 2011

"Don't You Know Anything About the Physics of Gravity, Mommy?"



I was not a good science student, maybe lack of interest more than anything else...Ernie Kliengartner, my High School Biology teacher finally managed to cram a minimal understanding into my head.  In college, I worked my ass off in Bio102---I wanted the grade ya know...and I think the prof was generous, giving me a B-.

When my eldest son at five years old asked me, "Don't you know anything about the physics of gravity mommy?"  I knew without a doubt, he had a natural ability to comprehend scientific concepts that I do not.  I thought it was so cool when he, and later his younger brother, effortlessly grasped concepts that  required more effort--and years--for me to understand.  It still is cool--any adult who doesn't understand that learning/teaching is bi-directional, not dependent upon age, but on being open-minded; is not much of a "grown-up."


Ben Goldacre had a couple of great stories a while back on, "how often children are able to spot bullshit, and how often adults want to shut them up." check it out at Bad Science

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted
(C) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.