Psychiatric Drug Facts via breggin.com :

“Most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems… Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.” Dr. Peter Breggin

Apr 20, 2012

I'm certain my soul has turned into steel...

It is difficult, if not impossible, to reconcile the impact of so-called, psychiatric 'medical treatment' on my son. The neuroleptic and other psychotropic drugs have had, and continue to have, a devastating impact on his over-all health and functioning. I don't believe it is, or ever was, right or good treatment; nor do I believe any longer that the treatment was ever intended to be for his benefit.  I am only a mother, not a doctor or social worker.  I know that harm is not 'help;' it never was.  My son's "treatment" was inhumane, it never seemed that the primary focus of any psychiatrist prescribing drugs was doing what was in my son's best interest.  My precious son, Isaac, was first a victim of violent crime; then a Risperdal victim, which caused him further trauma; ultimately, he was used in Federally funded neuroleptic Drug Trials and disabled before he was an adult...

I was never asked if I wanted to sacrifice my traumatized son on the altar of corporate greed. No one asked me if Jon McClellan could use my son as a guinea pig. Quack Master Jack said he didn't need my approval or consent, he told me repeatedly I had NO SAY, because my son was 13 and that talking to me at all was a "courtesy."  Quack Master Jack needed only his own approval when he was an co-investigator funded by NIMH in the TEOSS seeding trials. The TEOSS drug trial was conducted to support FDA approval, in order to expand the neuroleptic drug market, but failed to support the use of any of the drugs trialed. Quack Master Jack didn't have time to quack to me in order to obtain my Informed Consent for my son to be used in the TEOSS drug trials. McClellan sure didn't seem to know what human rights are or even care that he was inflicting additional trauma on a trauma victim. I wonder if Jon McClellan cares that my son describes his "care" as "torture?"  I somehow doubt that he does.



YearDeathSerious
200019,445153,818
200123,988166,384
200228,181159,000
200335,173177,008
200434,928199,510
200540,238257,604
200637,465265,130
200736,834273,276
200849,958319,741
200963,846373,535
201082,724471,291

"Johnson & Johnson worked closely with NAMI and other advocacy groups in order 
to integrate pro-atypical information into their literature and speaking engagements."
Craig Malisow in Down the Hatch

My son is ill again, physically. This is the third time in less than a year and a half. He so rarely got sick, that it seemed like he never got sick when he was a kid...It is so very hard to accept the reality of why it is so different now. He has a much better attitude than I. He pities those who did this to him. A couple days ago, he told me, "I know I'm sick because of the drugs, and I'm ok with it." I think he was trying to make me feel better. I can't help but to be utterly and completely grief-stricken and so very, very angry. Seeing my son's health continue to decline, with no way of stopping it; I have no hope of getting anything close to adequate medical care for the iatrogenic cognitive impairment and neurological damage that the drugs continue to cause my precious son. There's nothing fucking thing right about it. 

via Nature.com
US bioethics panel urges stronger protections for human subjects
Present regulations are adequate but not optimal, report says.

Meredith Wadman 15 December 2011

"The report says that individual subjects should be compensated for their medical care if they are harmed during research, and that the government should study whether “a national system of compensation or treatment for research-related injuries” may be required. The idea is not new a new one: in 2002, the Institute of Medicine, part of the US National Academies in Washington DC, also called for compensation of research-related injuries. For some, the Bioethics Commission report does not do enough to advance the issue.

“No recommendation is made for the sponsor to pay or for the government to pay, just a recommendation to study the issue. This simply shelves the issue of compensation to collect dust,” says Vera Hassner Sharav, the president of the Alliance for Human Research Protections in New York.

"Gutmann says that the commission “unequivocally states that there is a strong ethical case” for compensation, a practice that is common to almost all other developed nations. But, she adds, “we also think it’s very important that the federal government study how best to create a system that would ensure such compensation. We want the government to get it right.” read the entire article here.


via HoustonPress

Down the Hatch: The Rothman Report
A scathing, 86-page report called out doctors who "subverted scientific integrity" for money.
Craig Malisow Wednesday, Dec 14 2011

"In its quest to quantify the collusion between Janssen and the proponents of the Texas Medication Algorithm Project, the Texas Attorney General commissioned David Rothman, a professor of social medicine at Columbia University's medical school, to produce an expert witness report. The resulting analysis, completed in October 2010, is an 86-page bitch-slap of doctors who Rothman says "subverted scientific integrity" in their rush to line their own pockets. Some highlights are listed below." read the rest here. 

I'd say, more than a 'bitch slap' is warranted...
but then, I am biased by experience... 
I'm certain my soul has turned into steel...

"Not Dark Yet"

Bob Dylan

Shadows are fallin' and I've been here all day
It's too hot to sleep and time is runnin' away
Feel like my soul has turned into steel
I've still got the scars that the sun didn't heal
There's not even room enough to be anywhere
It's not dark yet but it's gettin' there.

Well, my sense of humanity has gone down the drain
Behind every beautiful thing there's been some kind of pain
She wrote me a letter and she wrote it so kind
She put down in writin' what was in her mind
I just don't see why I should even care
It's not dark yet but it's gettin' there.

Well, I've been to London and I been to gay Paris
I've followed the river and I got to the sea
I've been down on the bottom of the world full of lies
I ain't lookin' for nothin' in anyone's eyes
Sometimes my burden is more than I can bear
It's not dark yet but it's gettin' there.

I was born here and I'll die here against my will
I know it looks like I'm movin' but I'm standin' still
Every nerve in my body is so naked and numb
I can't even remember what it was I came here to get away from
Don't even hear the murmur of a prayer
It's not dark yet but it's gettin' there. 

God help me...help me to help my son. Amen

first posted 12-16-2011
photo credit 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

FAIR USE NOTICE: This may contain copyrighted
(C) material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material is made available for educational purposes, to advance understanding of human rights, democracy, scientific, moral, ethical, and social justice issues, etc. It is believed that this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C. section 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed without profit.